Saturday, June 30, 2007

Luggage and a Nasty Fall

Just wanted to give a little update on the luggage...based on a call to the airport this morning, all the luggage is there, and they said they will have it shipped here Nahumba Mission. We are still waiting to see it, so pray that they find their way here.

Today was another beautiful day....warm and sunny with a nice breeze. Late this morning we all walked into town, and had some lunch together at a little shop in Choma. On the way home,(a 30 minute walk) my Mother tripped on a big rock that was sticking up on the path and fell forward on the dirt path. I was walking in front of her; Brent was beside her. She fell into me and it was quite scary. She broke her fall with her hands, so her hands hurt and she scrapped open her thumb. She also hurt her knee; just a few scrapes on it, but it seems to be getting pretty sore for her. After getting up from the fall, I was supporting her as she stood and she looked a bit pale so I started praying for her. Within seconds I could feel her slithering to the ground as she passed out for a moment. We helped her lay down while Brent ran up ahead to get Dad, Doug, Dar and Matt, who were not aware of what happened. Mindy and I kept talking to her and fortunately she started keeping her eyes open and talked a little. She got the wind knocked out of her. By the time the rest of the gang came back she was doing better, but still quite pale. She kept saying she was ok, and could walk home, but I insisted we call for a taxi. At that moment, a group of people stopped by, and I heard one of them say, "Esther!" Here it was someone who knew my parents and she had the number for a taxi and called right away...thank you Lord! Then a little bit later, another lady came by and it was one of Mother's dear friends whom she had not seen since we had arrived. Mother was so happy to see her! Even though she kept saying she thought she could walk back, there was no way we would let her (I can't fault her too much....sounds like something I would say!) So she and I rode the taxi home while the others walked. She will be ok, but please pray for her knee. She has slept most of the afternoon since we got back, and they whole ordeal wiped her out. On just about every walk we have taken in town, she and I have walked hand in hand. I feel bad that I was not holding her hand this time; we'll make sure she has one of our hands from now on.

Thanks for your prayers. We know the Lord is the Blessed Controller of ALL things.

Resting in Him - Beth

No comments: