Tuesday, September 11, 2007

An Even More Beautiful Victoria Falls

Back in late June, you might remember me writing about beautiful Victoria Falls. Well, we vistited the Falls yesterday so Ken could see them, and Wow - they were even more amazing! Since it is dryer now, there was not as much mist, and we could see down to the bottom of the falls! What breathtaking views we saw! The falls flowed over the rocks, and we saw beautiful rainbows, and cascading falls into pools of water below. I just kept wanting to take picture after picture, and my photographic son always loves to pose at places like this, so he had a great time, acting like he was diving into the falls (and giving his Nana a near heart attack!) and posing, just like his younger brother Jared used to do! I often wanted to just stand there and take in the beauty...but sometimes I was trailing behind everyone else by quite a bit, so I had to hurry up...the view just seemed too beautiful to have to hurry up! But it was important for us to keep moving so that my Dad didn't have to drive too much in the dark. The road from Livingstone to Choma isn't as bad as the road to Macha, but it has its share of pot holes and the big lorry trucks really zoom by. My dad did a great job driving home, but I am sorry to say that I believe I looked a little too long at those beautiful falls, because we didn't get back to Choma till after dark! Sorry Dad!

While we were in Ndola, my parents spent the weekend in Livingstone, and my Dad surprised my Mother by taking her on a sunset cruise on the Zambezi River. They had a wonderful time and some beautiful pictures to show for it!

Today a neighbor came to ask a favor...her husband was out of town and she discovered a tick that had found itself a home on her, where it was very difficult for her to see it. She asked me to help get it out. First we prayed. Then after quite a while of trying to get that thing to loosen its grip on her, by dabbing with rubbing alcohol and smothering it with vaseline, we decided to take a break for supper. A few hours later, I vistited her and we both gave thanks to the Lord as I jubilantly told her that it was gone! I took a good look at where it was, and am quite sure the entire thing had fallen off, with no remains in her skin.

It was a busy day, and I think the next 2 will be the same, with packing, saying good byes and trying to fit in all those last minute visits. Sarah called tonight, and I must admit, it was enjoyable telling her that I was packing!

No comments: