Sunday, July 29, 2007

Missing Living Hope Church

I hope everyone loves their home church as much as Matthew and I do! Today I am missing my dear friends and family at Living Hope Church. As I type this post for Sarah, it's now 4:00 (or should I say 16 hours!) here on Sunday afternoon, and my thoughts went to some very dear people who are now beginning to worship the Lord in the auditorium of Susquehanna Middle School in Harrsiburg, PA. I am with you in spirit, dear saints in the Lord! And you are my prayers as you gather together to worship the Lord and hear his Word preached (by my favorite pastor!) I just read an email from Ken's parents, telling me they will be at our church this morning too...oh, just another reason I'd love to be there!

I also just saw the list of who was baptized last night... Carlos, Chelena, Scott, Charity, Elizabeth, Joel, Lydia, Joe and Andrea, Paige, Amanda, Seth and David - Oh, how I wish I could have been there to participate in that significant moment of your Christian life. I hope to hear all about it....hint, hint!! Then a little while ago, I logged on to the church website and I noticed the church picnic is coming up....I know that will be a great time of fun and fellowship for you all, and I will miss not being there.

But don't worry, I am not TOO sad; God has been so faithful to give me joy in the midst of missing my dear family and friends and He continually reminds me of His plan for me this summer, which included this separation from all of you. However, I think I will want every day to be Sunday when I return! Thanks to all of you at Living Hope for your love and prayers. I miss you greatly, and I so appreciate the fellowship we have together. Thanks for how you all feed my soul. Your love for God, your desire to put sin to death in your lives, your pursuit of godliness and humility, and your devotion to family and church, your joy of serving....all these and more makes me love you so much, and it's why you're the best church I know!

2 comments:

Darla Joy said...

Hi Beth!

We are missing you! Last night was guess who's coming to dinner. Jen Reiseg and I actually hosted in my new farmhouse! We had salads w/lots of fixings, cheeseberger soup, bread, and our guest brought cherry cheesecake pie. It was so much fun. The conversation was enriching. Our guests were Carl and Dottie a newer couple to our church. They were so neat! It seems as though God keeps drawing many new faces to Living Hope. We are anticipating seeing you back in your spot right next to Ken!

Anonymous said...

Dear Beth,
The baptsim Sat. evening was a landmark event for LHC. Every testimony was filled with evidence of God' great grace at work in people's lives. A real blessing to watch parents share about and encourage their children. Every person baptized received at least one prophecy, plus what Ken had to share with them. You were on my heart and I knew you would have contributions also. The McClymont's new home was the perfect location, until we have a building. God kept the thunderstorms away, He is so faithful! We miss you alot, but are grateful for this opportunity God has provided. As i view the pictures the thought comes that they would make a great calendar.
Rejoicing with you that in 3 short weeks Ken will be by your side!
Please keep the E-team in prayer as they leave for Toronto on the 15th.
It is inspiring to see so many young people involved!
Love & prayers,
Marti