Sunday, July 15, 2007

Missing my Grandchildren

This morning in church when I saw so many of the mothers holding their little children, I thought I was going to lose it. I just started thinking of my grandchildren and just longed to hold a little child. I started crying, but knew I had to get a grip so I tried to just pray and thank the Lord for them, and I prayed that he would give me a few children to love and hold here. Maybe that will happen one of these days. Although if I don'tget a hold of my emotions, I might just cry if I get to hold one of them! It helps if I keep looking outward as well; no room for self pity! Later on today, there were 3 little children on the swings in our yard, so I took awhile talking to them, and showed them pictures of the grandchildren, and gave them each a little stuffed bear (that the Harpers donated). Their big smiles warm my heart!

No comments: