Wednesday, July 25, 2007

My Wonderful Dad and Tea With Milk

At our home, it is common for someone to say "There's a knock on the door." Whether it is a pastor, teacher, old friend, neighbor, or someone new, most of the knocks are for my Dad. So many people here know him, and I am so impressed with how well he remembers people's names. One of these days, I will post a sampling of the names here and then you too will be impressed that he keeps them all straight! I will have to get the list from him, because I sure do not know how to spell them, let alone pronounce them all correctly or keep them with the right person! The hard part is that they are so similar. I will also give you some examples of first names, but I need to do a little homework first. Names are important here. They mean something and often children are named after someone. Since my parents have
been here numerous times, they each have had a baby named after them. Also, our son Jared's name was chosen for Given's son 8 years ago. Anyway, back to my Dad...he is a hard worker, and we have enjoyed doing some jobs together. I have also really enjoyed our walks to town together. We don't miss too many days! Even when we need to drive to town to buy groceries, we often just walk in to town another time in the day, to get some exercise. It takes about 25-30 minutes, and yesterday, I actually started sweating a bit...the days are warming up, but are still so lovely! I thank the Lord for my wonderful Father; I respect him and love him so much. At age 80, he
still is looking for ways to learn and grow, and doesn't come across like an expert, even though I think he is one in quite a few areas! What a privilege it is to live with my parents again...after 30 years of separation! However, I don't love it enough to keep on living this way....oh, how I miss my bestest friend and sweetheart of over 30 years....only FOUR weeks to go til our wonderful reunion!!!

Tonight I went to a Bible Study in the pastor's home. We sang some choruses together, prayed and discussed Psalm 32, a wonderful passage about the importance of confessing our sins, and joy of being forgiven by God. Once again, I marvel at how unlike God I am. Hallelujah....he does not remember my sin! For refreshments, we had buttered bread and tea. They make their tea with warm milk already added to it, and it was the first time I had milk in my tea. I loved it! Could be a trend I take back home!

3 comments:

Denise Babb said...

Beth,

What a wonderful heavenly Father to allow these precious moments together with your earthly father.

Thinking of you and Matt and praying for you,
Denise

Anonymous said...

Beth,
Thank you for continuing to share your wonderful moments in Zambia with us. How kind of God to give you the opportunity to meet Dick & Ettie's Zambian family and make many precious memories. The picture of the double rainbow is beautiful! Matt looks like he is growing alot this summer.
I thank him for helping children learn to read. Four weeks till children go back to school here.
Love & Prayers,
Marti

Anonymous said...

Yes, my friend, tea with milk IS yummy. And, imagine, THIS from your "coffee" drinking friend! Love and miss you lots!
Donna