Monday, July 9, 2007

Prayer Request

Please pray that upon re-entry to Zambia from Botswana on Wednesday that I will be able to get my visa renewed for the entire duration of my stay here. When we went through customs upon arrival, they only give you a 30 day visa.One must go to an immigration office then and get another 30 days, etc. We were told that this could be my best chance to get the entire 90 days. Some have been able to, others have not. My parents are fine - they are here on a work permit, but I am a visitor. Matt does not need a Visa, since he is under 16. By the way, for you that wonder, U.S. granted me a 90 day Visa, but over here that has no relevance! They only give 30 days at a time, typically, and often only give a total of 60. We were told I should be ok, with some persuasive words, but we would appreciate your prayers! Thanks!

More to come when we return from our trip in a few days!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beth,
I've been praying for your VISA stamp! Thanks for letting us know that it will be on Wednesday. I'll continue to pray! Have a blessed holiday!
Love, Allie

Anonymous said...

Praying with you that your visa will be granted for the duration of your stay. Since we know that man cannot stop God's purposes for you and Matt while you are in Zambia, I am confident that He will work His way with whomever He needs to!

love you,
Cathy

Anonymous said...

Hi Aunt Beth!

Thanks for the great job you're doing in keeping up so faithfully with your blog! I check it almost daily and I love reading all about your adventures of daily life in Zambia. So many stories trigger memories of my own visit to Zambia over 17 years ago. I will continue to remember you and the rest of the family in my prayers, and especially for your visa to be extended without much hassle. Give my love to Grandma & Grandpa, as well as the rest of the family!

Love, Jen

Anonymous said...

Love your blogs, Beth! Your Sunday blog about brought me to tears when I imagined you all up there singing "Great is Thy Faithfulness." Every time I think about your mom I smile...she must be so happy to be there and to have so many family members there now, too. It was encouraging to read about Emily and Paradise. Everything you write is so interesting. Have you had at least one dull moment there? We MISS you! I'm praying about your visa. Love, Cindy

Anonymous said...

i'd consider having matty talk to them; he's one of the most persuasive speakers i know.

all he has to do is flash them the same smile he is wearing in the photo on this blog, and then you can sit back and watch as the immigration officers buckle under the weight of his charm.

matty, when are we going to get a blog post from you? i miss my brother!

jared.

Anonymous said...

Hi Beth & Matt! ; )

Beth I figured you were just too busy and wouldn't miss issues from home ..... I hear that I was wrong! So here goes...... I am still employed at the law firm of Clymer & Musser! Wow! This is the 16th week ...... God has been so very gracious in Blessings on my life (one of which has been having you as a friend)....okay now I am crying at work (can't make my ancient computer work at home) so I am going to sign off. I miss seeing and talking with you. Love, Elaine
PS Miss you too Matt, especially that handsome smile of yours!