Sunday, August 5, 2007

Dancing Maniac

I know everybody wants to hear more. So I'll give it to you. Ok, I know some of you praise me back home at how well I dance. But I have to tell you I was quite put to shame today (Saturday) at the wedding. There was a young man about sixteen in the bridal party that was, pretty mad good, (as some of my cousins would put it!) I video taped him on my mom's camera. I think when you see it you all will believe me. So no more compliments on my dance moves till I get better. And remember that some African dude totally put me out of the competition. But lets hope I will learn a few things while I am here. And I'll be ready for the next wedding :)

MATAYO

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Matt, when you get those dance steps to match the Zambian style, make sure your mom gets it on video. We have no more family weddings to see you try them out and I definitely want to see that! Enjoyed the shirt story -- I remember those bartering places. I wasn't real good at them -- I pretty much gave them whatever they wanted -- needless to say, they really liked me :) Well, only 2 weeks till you see your dad and I'm sure you're ready (I know your mom is!) So glad you've had this experience -- it will impact your life in more ways than you could know -- can't wait to see how God will use you because of it! Take special care of your mom!

Love, Aunt Deb

Anonymous said...

Matt,
As I read your and Mom's journal I am learning alot about Zambia. I am learning to know you better and delighted to learn of your expertise on the dance floor. Will you give us a demonstration at Kirk and Amanda's wedding? Perhaps some of the Zambian quick steps also? We miss you and Mom alot and are glad Dad will soon be there with you.
You and Mom can understand what the LHC E Team will encounter as they travel to Canada to witness to many different cultures. Thank you for praying for them.
Love,
Marti