Friday, August 3, 2007

The Day Before the Wedding ...


Tomorrow is the wedding. Today we just heard that the groom bought the bride a dress and when she tried it on, it was too small. They don't know where they will get a wedding dress. Emma, who is also making the wedding cakes, walked to a woman's home late this morning who has some wedding dresses for sale. She wasn't home. Emma will go back this afternoon. The bride will not be around today since she is at her home village having a pre-wedding celebration. Emma explained that this is not the norm; usuallythe bride will go and look for her own dress, try it on, and then the groom will buy it. For some reason, this bride has asked the groom to do just about everything for the wedding. Other people will be bringing everything she will wear. Hmmm...interesting :)

I will be taking good notes as Emma decorates the cakes this afternoon. Next week at this time, my mother and I will be in charge of the wedding cakes for the second wedding. However, I think I will offer some kwacha to Emma and try to put her in charge! It was a weak moment when I agreed to do that job! Oh well, there's not near the pressure here than in America. There's no way I would do this back home. But it's a way to help out, so we will do our best !I'll keep you posted!

No comments: