Thursday, August 23, 2007

Laughs, Walks and School Work

It sure is nice walking around, hand in hand with my man! We enjoyed walking home from town today on the path that I have come to love...as we waved to children, greeted them, and chatted the whole way. Today was a relaxing day as Ken tried to catch up a bit on his short nights of sleep. We had some laughs last night as we tried to go to sleep. Within minutes of turning off the lights, Ken heard the buzzing of a misquito at his face, so we quickly turned on the light, trying to find it and end its life. Well, this continued for quite a while....giving up after not finding it, turing off the light, lying there for a little while, then hearing it again, then turning on the light, etc. etc., So then we decided we would use the
misquito net(s) above the beds. Only problem is that we are sleeping on 2 twin beds pushed together. The beds have misquito nets over them, but when you push them together, obviously both nets are no longer above the beds. Well, we managed to squish into one bed so the net could be over us. I think we got a few hours sleep like that, until somewhere during the night, Ken switched to the other bed and somehow had part of the net over him too! He did tell me in the morning that when he woke up in the middle of the night, the net was actually lying on my face, because it came off the bed frame.....oh my, what will tonight hold? But it's all good, cause we are together!

Ken is slowly meeting people, but is amazed at how many names we know....it reminds me that we have been here for quite a while! Ken joined my Dad in going to one of the Conference sessions this afternoon. I stayed home and helped Matt with his school work. Ken brought a packet of assignments from PDELA, Matt's cyber school. Classes begin Aug 27, so he has to get some things done before we get home. I guess his summer is over!

Just as we were getting ready for supper, Edwin and Koyi, the couple who just got married 2 weeks ago, stopped by, so we invited them to join us for supper and we had a wonderful time fellowshipping with them around the table. Any day now, they will be leaving for Siavongo, where Edwin will be pastoring.

Please say a prayer for Given. He has been sick most of the week, with Malaria and the flu, and is very weak. I know he would appreciate your prayers.

Even though it is getting warmer, it is so beautiful. Every day has been sunny. I hear PA is getting some much needed rain! None here :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

On Wednesday I was doing some searching on line for stuff for the website and came across a portion of the Jesus Film website. You can watch the Jesus Film online, for free, in one of over 800 languages! There were two different Tonga languages listed (Tonga Malawi and Tonga Zambezi), so Cathy and I watched a bit, just to hear the language that you have been listening to for the summer. Here's the link if anyone else is interested: http://www.jesusfilm.org/languages/index.html

Anonymous said...

Ken, Beth, and Matt,
I am so happy that you are all together again!! I read the last two posts out loud to Claire today, and she said, "I miss Matt." We are so thrilled for you all for this experience that God has allowed you to have. However, we are also eager for your return!
Love, Allie & Claire