Monday, August 27, 2007

A Quiet Week Together

Although our first week back together has been different than what I expected (with a not-so-well husband!), it has been wonderful being together. Ken is still quite fatigued, and seems to have some congestion in his lungs, but we are glad his fever broke and he seems to have caught up in his sleep. I tend to lean towards a doctor visit, but he keeps thinking he will get better. (any surprise there?!) He isn't strong enough to take a walk to town (or even much around Nahumba!) But we are both so happy to see each other every day and we thank the Lord for that.

Yesterday my mother and I spent some time in the garage organizing some Christian Ed materials that were sent over from the states a while ago. There are boxes and boxes of overstocked materials for Preschool, primary, teens, young adult and adults. Numerous pastors have come to load up materials to take back to their churches, so I have helped them find the specific things they are looking for. I hope to spend many more hours in there getting it all organized before I leave, so that it is easy for people to find things.

Mother and I took a walk today, inviting all the children in Nahumba to our Children's Bible Hour the rest of this week. Tuesday - Friday, we are hosting an hour of singing, story time and crafts. We expect to have 20 children come.

Tonight my Dad and I listened to Ken read the first chapter of Dave Harvey's book, "When Sinners Say 'I Do'". It's a great book on marriage.

Our days have been fairly quiet - Ken taking it easy, and Matt doing school work. But I still have plenty of energy and have been enjoying interacting with the women, especially Emma. Today I enjoyed helping her with the laundry. It was another beautiful warm day, and a fast drying day for the wash!

Tonight the sky was beautiful...I love the African sky when the sun sheds its glow on the horizon. I try to take it in, so I won't forget what it looks like when I leave. I'm starting to feel a twinge of sadness in thinking of leaving....realizing there are people I wish I could get to know better, but I hope to use these last 2-3 weeks wisely and make the best of them. The other side is that I get quite excited in thinking about re-connecting with dear family and friends that I miss so much!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Beth,
We continue to pray for Ken's full recovery! I'm so glad he has his "best friend" right by his side to care for him. =)

How good to be reminded that our great God is Ken's full sufficiency...and yours as well! May you be encouraged by His ever-present "strength of your heart and your life" as you continue to love God and your Zambian brothers and sisters in Christ.

Love you,
cathy