Friday, August 10, 2007

Hurrah for Given!

Today I thought of my son-in-law Brian. Given reminds me of Brian ... a guy who can fix just about anything! Emma, my Mother, I are so very grateful that Given fixed the washing machine! He found out what was wrong, bought a part and worked on it today and got the spinner working. Now we are praying that it will last for a while. Evidently, this machine was purchased the same time 2 others were...this was the only one still working, so we all thought it's life was over. But no....Given came to the rescue once again. Given, I thank the Lord for you! My hands, wrists and shoulders thank you...and Matthew thanks you too, cause he was going to be in for some serious wringing in the days ahead!

An interesting thing happened today. I had the cakes all made and the bride and her matron came over this morning to see them. They informed us that some girls will stop by later to pick up the 7 cakes. Well....to our surprise 3 young girls knocked on the door, and said they were here to get the cakes. Only they didn't have a vehicle! They were going to walk the 10 minute trip through the fields, carrying these decorated, uncovered cakes that I spent hours on! Needless to say, the bakers had to confer with the man of the house on this one, because we were a bit protective of our cakes. We decided to call the groom (I didn't have the bride's number), and although he did not know the plan, he agreed that it didn't sound like a
good idea, so we graciously sent the girls away empty handed. A few hours later the matron came with the bride's sister and sister-in-law, and after trying gracioulsy to clear up some misunderstandings, they walked the path carrying 3 of the cakes and the young girls returned for the other 4. I wonder if that would have happened in the rainy season! TIA :)

No comments: