Saturday, August 25, 2007

Health Update on a Quiet Day

Ken is still not feeling well; he slept for 18 hours straight, and then today was up for short periods, between his 3 naps. He is battling a low grade fever, fatigue, a cough and head congestion. It appears that he came quite depleted of energy, and has had difficulty sleeping pretty much the whole ten weeks we were separated. I kid him saying he is suffering from a form of "love-sickness", and he smiles, says I am right and tells me how good it is to be with me :) So it could be a combination of sleepless nights, change in altitude and time, and perhaps a touch of some bug as well. I feel bad for him; missing out on some opportunities to interact with these folks, but he'll get there with time.

Today Mother and I went to a women's session at General Conference and it was good....lots of women's choirs singing. They all wear the same thing...white hats or scarves on their heads, white blouses and black skirts. Then when they are done singing, and take their seats, they put on a BIC chitangi over top of their skirt.

My Dad informed us of the outcome of an important decision that was voted on this afternoon. There was a vote whether or not to re-elect the present bishop for another 5 years. Bishop Thuma Hamukang'andu was re-elected. The other name on the ballot was Rev. H. Sikwela (This information is for my parent's friends, especially those of you who have served here in Zambia and know these names!)

Tonight after the meeting, a number of the pastors and their wives, along with Esther Spurrier, are going to join us for some dessert and tea. Mother has been enjoying getting everything all set up....puttering away in the kitchen! I hope Ken will be able to join us, but he has been sleeping most of the evening, so he might not be up to it yet. Either way, it will be nice to interact with these folks who are very special to my parents.

My friend, Heather, who is in Macha, stopped by today. It was so good to see her, and Ken was able to meet her in between his naps :)

I had a wonderful surprise today....I got a call from Ryan and then an hour later, Sarah called! It made for a happy day :) It doesn't take much! Just for the record, I would consider every day a happy day, but it was a special treat on this happy day to hear voices from home :)

I miss you all!

Thanks for your continual prayers for my dear husband.

No comments: