Sunday, August 5, 2007

The Shirt Story

A Short story (: ( A Shirt story ) By: Matayo

This started out in Livingstone. My Family and I were done bartering for the day, when some guy called me and said he liked my long sleeved gray t-shirt. He said he will give me something free from his shop in exchange for my shirt. Then he took me all the way back to his shop. He said to pick something, so I picked up a Giraffe that I liked. He said that the Giraffe was made by him, and I had to pay twenty thousand kwacha. But thank goodness for Given, I told him what the guy said to me.
Then Given just told the guy to exchange the Giraffe for my shirt. With that said and done, he and I were both happy, went out of the tent shops, and my Mom took a picture of us, with me holding the Giraffe, and the guy wearing my long sleeved shirt...THE END (:
All right, I want to hear from my Friends and Family.
AND DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT!!! (:

P.S. by Mom: For those of you who know Matthew well, he almost always is wearing at least 3 layers of shirts. This was one of those days that it came in handy, since he lost the top one!

3 comments:

sarah said...

Matayo,
I look forward to seeing what you bring home for me with your bartering skills. :)
Love you and miss you,
Your big sis

Denise Babb said...

Way to go, Matt! I liked your shirt story--and thank goodness for those extra layers of shirts, they certainly came in handy this time.
We miss your smiling face at church. I can't wait to hear all of your stories from Africa. I will have to drive to volleyball this fall just so that I can hear you tell of your adventures!

We are glad that you have had this opportunity to go to Africa.

Love, Mrs. Babb

Anonymous said...

That's a great story!! I'm sure you are making quite an impression on the Zambians with your infectious smile and your love to be around and talk with people. Are you learning to speak the language at all, or do you mainly speak in English when you interact with the people there?

Allie Remsnyder