Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Together!

Many thanks to Sarah for filling in for me yesterday while I was a bit "detained" :) I will warn you all now...I might not be as faithful these next 4 weeks as I have been for the past 10 weeks, in getting these posts to you; somehow I don't think I will have as much "free time" on my hands! Or could it be that now I just want to spend time with my husband instead of the computer?! I will try my best to keep up with it, but I know you will understand if I am a bit distracted :)

Needless to say, I truly am overjoyed to be reunited with Ken! I think we both feel a little like newly-weds! This evening when I looked at him I said, "Can it really be that I get to sleep with you again tonight? That is TWO nights in a row!!" Oh, it is so good to be together. We both agree this was a "once-in-a-lifetime" experience, and the Lord would have to speak very loudly to ever be separated this long again, as long as we both are living! I know some couples do it all the time, but we decided it's not for us!

Ken is adjusting well, although he is still trying to catch up on some short nights of sleep. Everything went fine in Johannesburg, and even though he had to pay for the extra luggage enroute to Livingstone, we rejoice that his luggage came with him!

Today I gave him a walking tour of Nahumba and introduced him to many of the people here, who were all eager to meet him (since of course, they heard of my growing anticipation of his arrival!) We drove into Choma for a few stops, and hope to take the walking path tomorrow if he is feeling up to it.

One of these days soon, I will do a little interview with my husband, so you can hear his initial impressions of Africa! But for now, it's time for me to spend some time with him!!

Grateful for the man I love....Beth (yes, I am smiling!!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My dear sister, somehow I could sense your smile as soon as I began reading your posting! And please be assured that as much as I've loved reading your almost-daily entries on your blog, I'll gladly take less of them so that you can spend your time with Ken -- you've got your priorities just the way they should be! Treasure every minute of being together again and enjoy sharing your "Nahumba life" with Ken.

Love ya,
Deb

Unknown said...

I wasn't sure we would hear from you again at all, but would have to wait until you returned for the "rest of the story." I pray you both have a wonderful, relaxing and refreshing time.

Anonymous said...

Dear Beth and Ken,
I am really enjoying reading about your interesting life and times in Zambia. About a week ago Carl and Phoebe were telling me about your experiences and mentioned your blog;so I asked them to forward the address to me and it's been great fun catching up on your posts. It's like reading a very good book!! I'm so glad Ken has arrived safely and that now the three of you can enjoy the sights and sounds of Zambia. I understand you will be touring other parts of Africa too, and I'm sure you will have exciting travels.
I pray God's blessing for all of you. Beth, I'm sure your parents really appreciated your help, and it was great that you could meet so many of their friends and that they could renew their friendships. Thank you for sharing your experiences.
Love and prayers,
Aunt Doris