Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Jackpot at the Post Office and No Maleria

My Mother definitely does not have malaria; we got a second test today and it was negative. There is a virus going around that evidently hit my parents. We are hearing that many others are sick as well, so we hope it does not spread any more. Matthew and I are healthy and well. My Dad is up and around and even drove to town today, and is recovering, but he did take a nap this afternoon, which is not the norm, so he is not quite back to normal. My Mother is now gaining some strength, and ate a little breakfast and lunch, in between her morning and afternoon naps :) But we are so grateful they are getting stronger each day. Thanks for your prayers.

Today we hit the jackpot at the post office! Many thanks to Meg, Jared, Ryle and Ben for the picture, photo and letter. Thanks too, Jen, for the wonderful letter and adorable photos of little Ryan :) And Brent and Mindy.....well, your package of sweets was recieved with much joy! How kind and thoughtful of you to send us each a little care package of our favorites that we can't get here :) Sarah, the package you sent 5 weeks ago, still has not arrived, and I doubt we will see it :( But we will keep checking. Meghan's letter was postmarked Aug 9 and we received it Aug 15...SIX days is not bad at all!

I am so excited that I will see Ken in less than a week!! Yippee :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Beth! That's wonderful news that Mother doesn't have malaria!! I was certainly praying against any touch of malaria for her. Hope her cheery smile (and talking) will soon brighten up the house once again :) I'm sure with all your wonderful TLC, Mother & Dad will regain more strength each day. I'm praying for the Lord to cover you and Matt with protection from that nasty flu bug! Thanks so much for your email, dear sister -- it was so-o-o good to hear from you and you touched my heart in your usual beautiful way. Take special care of yourself -- in less than one week (yeah!!) that terrific guy of yours arrives! Love you so much and really, really miss you!

Deb

Anonymous said...

Beth,

So glad to hear your mother is improving and that malaria was not the problem. I'm rejoicing with you as you anticipate Ken's arrival.Love~Beejee