Wednesday, August 1, 2007

From Matthew!


Mwabka-(greetings)From MATAYO (Matthew)

I know that everybody is waiting to hear from me, and asking questions like, when is MATAYO going to put something on the blog?

My mom has told you her side of the story, and it is time to tell my side of it.

The days Fly by.

It all started seven weeks ago as most of you know, and our time here is already half over, which is sort of sad, and sort of happy at the same time, to go back to Family and Friends. My Father is coming in three weeks which is a joy to my Mother, and I. Weddings, Weddings, Weddings, and, well more weddings (: A week before we left I went to a wedding, and I thoght that was my last wedding for a long while but it was not so. I come here and after being here a week I find that I am going to three African weddings. I have my first African wedding this Saturday and another one the following Saturday. I don't know when the third wedding is. The other day my Mother asked if I could guess who got engaged back home. It took me awhile till
she said somebody you know well. Then I said... Kirk Gable! So I want to give Kirk my congrats and his wife to be. It was once said between Kirk and I, that Kirk said I was going to get married before him. Looks like he was wrong after all. (:

More to come tomorrow ...

4 comments:

sarah said...

Matty! It was great to hear from you, little brother! I have one question about all those weddings you're going to ... are your African dancing skills just as good as your moves from back here in the states?

I look forward to hearing more from you tomorrow!

We love you and miss you!
Sarah (for Brian and the kiddos too)

Anonymous said...

Hi Matt! Wow, what a nice surprise to log on to the blog and see a posting from you. We've been anxiously waiting to hear from you -- and I'll be sure to log on tomorrow for Part 2! Sounds like you're adapting well to Zambian life (I remember it well). We'll be anxious to hear more when you get home. Enjoy all those weddings -- with all our family weddings over the past few years, you've become quite the dancer. Now you can try it out a new way -- African style :)

We pray for you & your mom often and we miss you.

Love, Aunt Deb

Anonymous said...

Hey Matt,
It was so fun hearing from you. Thanks so much for taking the time to post!

Krista Herr

Anonymous said...

Great to hear from you Matt! Claire and I miss you so much!! We pray for you every day. We will miss you and your mom today at Living Hope's church picnic.

Allie Remsnyder